This program is presented in conjunction with the College of the Canyons Employee Training Institute.
"It would be better if everyone would work together as a system, with the aim for everybody to win. What we need is cooperation and transformation to a new style of management."
- Dr. W. Edwards Deming
The W. Edwards Deming Institute® introduces a new 8-hour immersion program (over two days), for leaders at all levels of management. The focus is on the foundations of teamwork and the connecting power and financial potential this provides to all organizations. As Dr. Deming believed, working together is fundamental to solving and preventing problems, while providing us the ability to “do more with less.”
This interactive workshop aims to reveal blind spots to teamwork and presents new fundamental concepts and strategies from the Deming Management Method. These strategies will shift organizations in a new direction, embedded with the vibrant benefits of a collaborative environment. This powerful new framework, enables leaders to better manage their resources, time, money, knowledge, equipment, and people.
Gain Insight and Understanding Into:
- The broad value and applicability of the Deming Management Method
- Increasing customer delight and loyalty
- Better leadership decision making and ROI
- Practices that lead to greater innovation, productivity, and competitiveness
Discover Opportunities for You and Your Organization to:
- Focus resources on problem prevention rather than fire-fighting
- Demonstrate the value of “analysis of root causes” instead of “root cause” thinking
- Promote discussion about systems thinking and who is part of the system; leading to savings and increased customer value
- Unleash the ability to do more with less resources
- Remove fear, boost motivation and collaboration
- Increase quality and continually improve
Tuesday, March 5, 2019, 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Wednesday, March 6, 8:00 - 1:00 pm (lunch included)
- Early Bird Registration: Save 10% off the regular registration fee by registering by January 15th, 2019!
- Group Discounts: If you are registering for 2 from the same company, APICS will provide an additional 5% discount. If regstering 3 or more from the same company, they will provide an additional 10% discount. DO NOT PAY BY CREDIT CARD WHEN YOU INITIALLY REGISTER. APICS will contact you with a corrected invoice for the event reflecting the discounts.
Are you APICS Certified (CPIM, CSCP or CLTD)?
This seminar will count as 8 points towards Certification Maintenance.
At A Glance
- Twitter: #Deming
- Dr. Dianne G. Van Hook University Center
- University Center Dr. near Rockwell Canyon
Santa Clarita, CA 91355
Early bird rates before January 16:
$540.00 APICS Members
Who Should Attend
Senior leaders, board members, managers and staff, as well as customers and suppliers. We encourage teams to attend so they can participate in collaborative learning and a common immersion experience.
- Handouts, light snacks, and beverages both days
- Lunch on Wednesday